At Utah Plastics Group, we understand your need for a specialist with the capabilities to manufacture your specific product design and engineering specifications. Our state of the art equipment and manufacturing facilities are designed and equipped to handle your plastic injection molding, compounding, and machining needs. UPG offers the following plastics manufacturing processes:
- Injection Molding: UPG has 24 injection molding machines ranging from 55 to 950 tones. This enables to manufacture sub-miniature medical devices to large 20 pound enclosures.
- Clean Room Molding and Fabrication: UPG offers controlled environment manufacturing including controlled molding tents and a class 8 (10,000) clean room for injection molding and medical device fabrication.
- Plastics Compounding and Extrusion: UPG provides custom compounding and extrusion services. Our technology includes twin screw and planetary compounding so we can develop the material you need for your application.
- Cast Molding: Cast molding uses low pressure reactive chemistry to cast rigid and elastomeric parts. UPG offers closed and open casting operations and has produced parts as large as 400 pounds.
- Plastics Machining: UPG offers CNC milling, CNC turning, and screw machine plastic machining operations. These processes enable UPG to produce precision production parts as well as prototypes for a wide range of industries.
In addition to these processes, UPG offers a wide range of secondary operations including pad printing, labeling, hot stamping, painting, RF welding, drilling, assembly, and packaging. UPG has embraced Lean Manufacturing tools and principles to develop a robust, repeatable, and competitive operation. UPG’s 75,000 square foot headquarters is located in Salt Lake City, Utah and is a ISO 9001:2008 registered facility.